Love this one!
Tag Archives: meaning
Word of the Day: Balter
Current mood: Ecstatic for hitting a 100,000 followers on my Tumblr blog for The Positive Nation 💃🏻
Check out the website: http://www.thepositivenation.com
I’m also on Instagram and Facebook. Follow me!
Word of the Day: Obsequious
I feel like I haven’t posted a “word of the day” in years! Today’s word is one I like.
Obsequious uh b-see-kwee-uh s:
1. characterized by or showing servile complaisance or deference; fawning.
2. servilely compliant or deferential.
3. obedient; dutiful.
1. He gave an obsequious nod to his supperior.
2. She had always been an obsequious wife, until she wasn’t anymore.
Word of the Day: Salient
Word of the Day: Wanton
Word of the Day: Guile
Hello everyone! I hope your week is going well so far. Today, I’m sharing with you my new favorite word.
Guile [gahyl] (noun):
insidious cunning in attaining a goal; artful or crafty deception; duplicity.
She lured him in, her smile paralyzing his logic. His vanity blocked the thought of her approach being a mere part of her guile .
Word of the Day: Smelly Words
Let’s explore some words that would make you wince.
Noisome [noi-suhm] (adj.):
1. harmful or disgusting, as an odor.
2. harmful or injurious to health.
Can you turn off that cigar? The smell is noisome.
Pungent [puhn-juhnt] (adj.):
1. sharply affecting the organs of taste or smell, as if by a penetrating power; biting; acrid.
2. acutely distressing to the feelings or mind; poignant.
3. caustic, biting, or sharply expressive: pungent remarks.
4. mentally stimulating or appealing: wit.