Love this one!
I feel like I haven’t posted a “word of the day” in years! Today’s word is one I like.
Obsequious uh b-see-kwee-uh s:
1. characterized by or showing servile complaisance or deference; fawning.
2. servilely compliant or deferential.
3. obedient; dutiful.
1. He gave an obsequious nod to his supperior.
2. She had always been an obsequious wife, until she wasn’t anymore.
This word is for those of you who are dealing with the unpleasant.
Abrasive [uh–brey-siv, -ziv] (adj.) :
tending to annoy or cause ill will; overly aggressive.
“Abrasive comments on my posts will be marked as spam,” she wrote in the bio of her blog.
How would you handle an abrasive follower?
As promised, I am continuing to post in my Word of the Day section. Today’s word is Idiosyncrasy.
Idiosyncrasy [id-ee-uh–sing-kruh-see, –sin-] (noun):
1. a characteristic, habit, mannerism that is peculiar to an individual or group.
2. the physical characteristics peculiar to an individual or group.
3. peculiarity in the physical or mental constitution of an individual or group, especially susceptibility towards drugs, food, etc…
She could hunt flies in an open field, but couldn’t grab a cat if it sat on her own lap– that was part of her idiosyncrasy.