Think you know too many “stubborn words”? Well, I have a few for you to add to your list.
1. unmoved by persuasion, pity, or emotion; stubborn, unyielding.
2. stubbornly resistant to moral influence.
He was obdurateand cantankerous, but there was one thing that could break him.
Obstinate [ob-stuh-nit] (adj.):
1. firmly adhering to ones ideas; unyielding to argument.
2. characterized by an inflexible attitude.
No matter how much sense her parents tried to put into her, Emily was obstinate.
Inexorable [in-ek-ser-uh-buhl] (adj.):
1. unyielding; unaltered.
2. not to be moved, persuaded, or affected by prayers or entreaties.
One inexorable rule of leading a positive life is to rid yourself of negative-minded people.
Got any more stubborn words? Share them with me!